General Transport Strike Blocks Athens on May 1
A general transport strike blocks Athens on May 1, the Greek media reports.
The strike aims to highlight the need for better working conditions and "decent wages".
For the moment, workers in the city's electric railways (ISAP), city buses and trolleybuses have joined the protest.
Metro and tram workers in Athens have not yet decided whether to join the action.
Access to the city center will be hindered by traditional May rallies.
- » It Will Be Mostly Sunny Today, Isolated Showers Are Possible in the Mountains
- » An Explosion in a Russian Lab that Stores Deadly Viruses Like Smallpox, HIV and Ebola
- » 3rd Day of International Sofia Urban Zone
- » The Bulgarian Economy Restructured Successfully after the Global Economic Crisis in 2009
- » Тhis Summer Was the Hottest on Record in the Northern Hemisphere
- » Passenger Train Derails in Hong Kong during a Rush Hour, There Are Injured