Suggestions for Sofia to Be Declared the European Capital of Intelligent Tourism
Sofia to be declared the European Capital of Intelligent Tourism in 2020.
The idea is by the National Tourism Board, which yesterday held its 6th annual meeting.
It was on its board that they announced their intention to work for such an application, which was also supported by the mayor Yordanka Fandakova.
"In its history, Sofia ranks equally with the ancient European capitals of Rome and Athens, tourists see this," said the mayor of the city of Sofia.
The efforts of the local administration were also directed at the development of congress and weekend tourism, it became clear from Fandakova's statement at the opening of the meeting. According to the data, Bulgaria is most visited by guests from Germany, Great Britain, Israel and France.
- » Bulgarian PM Borisov will Support Kovesi as EU Chief Prosecutor
- » Bulgaria is the Country with the Largest Income Inequality in the EU
- » The EC Allocates EUR 4 million to Investigative Journalism
- » Bulgarian Youth - First in the EU in Severe Deprivation, Pregnancy and Obesity
- » Sofia Seeks European Funding for Electric Buses that Would Reach the Metro
- » Boyko Borisov will Participate in the Meeting on the Western Balkans in Poznan