Theft of Electricity in a Luxury Building in Sofia Detected by CEZ
Electricity theft from a luxury building in Sofia has been established by the electricity distribution company CEZ.
Company employees and police officers detected a high-power cable that was directly connected to the power meter panel in a new and modern building on Bulgaria Blvd.
Through the cable, 35,000 kilowatt-hours of electricity worth about 7,000 leva have been diverted for a month. This is the monthly consumption of about 70 households, the company said.
The connection was used to supply boilers, the building's air conditioning system and its common parts, the investigators found.
To hide the violation, the perpetrators cut the live cables, causing a short-circuit and power failure for the entire building.
Pre-trial proceedings have been initiated in this case.
- » 25 200 Cigarettes Without an Excise Band were Found in Kyustendil
- » 11 Foreigners Were Arrested on The Maritsa Motorway, Near Svilengrad
- » Attacker Detained after Stabbing a 16-year-old in Sofia
- » Bulgarian Customs Officers Detained 30,000 kg of Unregistered Hookah Tobacco
- » Regional Court of Plovdiv Left in Custody Conductor who Molest Teenage Girl
- » Woman In Her 30s Was Found Dead In The Orlandovtsi Neighbourhood Of Sofia