Bulgaria was Top Tourist Destination for Greeks in 2018
Bulgaria was the top destination for Greeks in 2018, according to data released by the Bank of Greece, as there were 2.37 million trips recorded, protothema.grreports.
Turkey followed with 967,000 trips, while from European Union countries Germany had the lion’s share with 499,000 trips, followed by Italy with 405,000 trips.
As the statistics indicated, over the past 13 years, the number of trips made by Greeks has increased by 240%
in 2005 the total number of trips stood at 3.6 million, while in 2018 it rose to 7.96 million, an all-time record number of all time, according to the data of the Bank of Greece.
According to the numbers, out of the total of trips 7.3 million journeys were made by individual travellers, with 700.000 arranged through travel agencies.
Focusing on 2019, a rise of about 15% is reported for the movement of Greek travellers during the Easter season, to destinations in Greece and abroad, as evidenced by the reservations made in the Greek travel agencies belonging to FedHATTA Members’ Associations.
As far as the foreign destinations are concerned, the demand for Israel (Jerusalem) shows an upward momentum, recording an 8-10% increase with travellers interested for the lighting of the Holy Light at the Church of the Holy Sepulchre.
Other destinations that have attracted the attention of Greeks include Constantinople, Jordan, Dubai, Morocco, Egypt, Sicily, Rome France and Spain.
Regarding domestic destinations, Greeks show preference to islands such as Corfu, Crete, Kefalonia, Zakynthos etc.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Negative PCR Tests Mandatory for Passengers Arriving to Spain from 65 Countries, Bulgaria Including
- » Richard Alibegov: One-Month Lockdown Will Mean End to Clubs and Restaurant Business in Bulgaria
- » Tourism Trends: Travels Fall by 23,6 Percent in the Third Trimester of 2020
- » Greece Shuts Some Land Borders, Makaza-Nimfea Checkpoint Lets through Only Trucks
- » Bulgarian Parliament Discusses 9% VAT on Food Deliveries
- » Want to Dinner at a Restaurant in France - Wait Until January 15