Greek Police Detained a Bulgarian Truck Full of illegal Immigrants
The Greek police stopped a truck with stolen registration numbers and found 59 illegal immigrants.
The truck was stopped Friday afternoon on a highway, about 30 kilometers east of Thessaloniki, as it traveled with signs with a Bulgarian registration that were declared stolen.
A total of 59 migrants - half of Somalia and the rest of Afghanistan, Bangladesh, Egypt, Eritrea, Iraq, Palestine, and Sudan - were found behind a few boxes of insulating materials in the trailer.
They told the police that each of them paid 1500 euros per trafficker in Turkey to help them enter Greece by boat before boarding the truck.
The 61-year-old driver, a Bulgarian citizen, was arrested.
- » More than 3 kg of Gold and Silver Jewels Were Detaied at "Kapitan Andreevo"
- » A New Hacker Attack against the Commission for Personal Data Protection Was Prevented
- » Bulgarian Driver Who Was Transporting Illegal Immigrants Was Arrested in Italy
- » 380 kg of Smuggled Tobacco Were Seized in Vidin
- » Female Suicide Bomber Killed 6 People in Pakistan
- » Taken Driving License and Hefty Fine for Driving in the Opposite Side of the Hemus Highway