Targovishte Municipality is the most Transparent Institution in Bulgaria
Targovishte Municipality is ranked first in transparency among all institutions in the country in 2019. It is an ascent with eight positions for the municipality, according to the annual assessment of the transparency of the national and local authorities in Bulgaria. The rating is prepared by the Access to Information Program.
In the next three places there are three other municipalities - Devnya, Belogradchik and Bansko. The Council of Ministers is fifth.
The most opaque institutions in the country are the National Compensatory Housing Fund, the National Plant Protection Service and the Regional Health Inspection in Vidin.
More than one third of ministries have published accessible information on their sites, reported by AIP. A total of 55% of the institutions have posted their employees' declarations of conflicts of interest.
- » Bulgarian PM Borisov Attended Opening of a New Plant Creating 200 Jobs in Northeastern Bulgaria
- » 95% of all Car Crashes in Bulgaria are due to Human Error
- » Bulgaria is Failing to Attract Funding for Science
- » The Bulgarian Ministry of Interior Reports a Drop in Casualties of Car Crashes
- » Expenses of the Bulgarian Family are Growing Faster than Income
- » Bulgarian PM Borisov Inspected Construction of Section of Hemus Motorway