With Money From Europe: Free Wi-Fi Network in 113 Municipalities in Bulgaria Will be Build
Each of the municipalities will receive 15,000 euros, reported NOVA TV.
Free high-speed internet connection will be build on the territory of 113 Bulgarian municipalities. They will receive € 15,000 within the WiFi4EU campaign.
One of the municipalities that will benefit from the service is Sapareva Banya. On Friday, Bulgarian EU Commissioner Maria Gabriel handed over the voucher to the mayor of the city. The municipality will decide in which areas to build the network. It is expected to work in early June.
And according to Gabriel, the availability of the internet will give more visibility to Bulgaria's cultural heritage and beautiful scenery.
"I believe that today we fill the word ''connectivity" with a specific benefit to people - young people continue to use the Internet for access to culture, knowledge, information, enabling our elderly people to have contact with their children and grandchildren'', commented the EU commissioner.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Kiril Petkov on his Citizenship: I Do Not Feel Any Guilt
- » General Mutafchiiski with Special Award from Jewish Community in Bulgaria
- » Bulgarian Road Constuctors Mount yet Another Protest
- » Bulgaria: Prices Will Rise More Steeply than Expected - Finance Ministry
- » Three Foreigners Arrested in Bulgaria for Trading Info from Arsenal military plant
- » Caretaker Government Required State-owned Companies to Pay Dividend