Chinese Company Secures USD 135.5 Million for Bulgarian Port Project
China Machinery Engineering Corporation (CMEC) has signed a US5.5m Bulgaria port project construction contract with Logistic Center Varna EAD to jointly develop port infrastructure in Bulgaria’s Port of Varna, reports Port Strategy.
Notable as the first development by a Chinese company in Bulgaria, the project bolsters the country’s European ambitions and will see CMEC take charge of the project design optimisation, material supply, construction and installation as the prime contractor, reported Seatrade Maritime News.
The project will enable the port of Varna to be the first modern port equipped with warehouse facilities in Bulgaria. The overall project construction period will be 36 months.
In addition to boosting its brand in Bulgaria, Central and Eastern Europe, the project is set to greatly improve cargo handling capacity of Bulgaria, according to CMEC.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Ryanair Reduces Its Flights by Additional 20 Percent in October
- » Boyko Takov, BSMEPA: 90% of Companies in Bulgaria Are Micro, However Generating a Little Over 1/3 of Revenues in the Sector
- » Protests in Bulgaria, Day 73: No Tension, "Great People's Uprising" Scheduled for September 22
- » Bulgaria: National Plan for Absorption of Covid-19 Funding by End of 2020
- » COVID-19 in Austria: New Measures Announced
- » Bulgaria Borrowed BGN 5 Billion from International Markets