Chinese Company Secures USD 135.5 Million for Bulgarian Port Project
China Machinery Engineering Corporation (CMEC) has signed a US5.5m Bulgaria port project construction contract with Logistic Center Varna EAD to jointly develop port infrastructure in Bulgaria’s Port of Varna, reports Port Strategy.
Notable as the first development by a Chinese company in Bulgaria, the project bolsters the country’s European ambitions and will see CMEC take charge of the project design optimisation, material supply, construction and installation as the prime contractor, reported Seatrade Maritime News.
The project will enable the port of Varna to be the first modern port equipped with warehouse facilities in Bulgaria. The overall project construction period will be 36 months.
In addition to boosting its brand in Bulgaria, Central and Eastern Europe, the project is set to greatly improve cargo handling capacity of Bulgaria, according to CMEC.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Bulgaria: Cultural and Enterainment Events Are Allowed as of May 26th
- » Bulgaria: Newly Employed Persons Higher than Registered Unemployed in May
- » New Financial Scheme for Medium-Sized Enterprises
- » Dr. Kunchev: Bulgaria and our Black Sea Coast Will be the Safest Places in Europe
- » Move to Be Moved: New Video will Attract Potential Investors in Bulgaria
- » PayPal Quarterly Payments Jump 85% in Three Years to Hit 3.2 billion in March 2020