Chinese Company Secures USD 135.5 Million for Bulgarian Port Project
China Machinery Engineering Corporation (CMEC) has signed a US5.5m Bulgaria port project construction contract with Logistic Center Varna EAD to jointly develop port infrastructure in Bulgaria’s Port of Varna, reports Port Strategy.
Notable as the first development by a Chinese company in Bulgaria, the project bolsters the country’s European ambitions and will see CMEC take charge of the project design optimisation, material supply, construction and installation as the prime contractor, reported Seatrade Maritime News.
The project will enable the port of Varna to be the first modern port equipped with warehouse facilities in Bulgaria. The overall project construction period will be 36 months.
In addition to boosting its brand in Bulgaria, Central and Eastern Europe, the project is set to greatly improve cargo handling capacity of Bulgaria, according to CMEC.
- » Minister of Tourism Nikolina Angelkova Held a Meeting with Leading Travel Agencies
- » A 10-Year Plan For the Development of Bulgartransgaz's Networks For the Period 2019-2028 was Discussed
- » IMF: Demographic Problems Stifle the Economic Growth of Countries in the Region
- » Velocity Announces Positive Drill Results from the Bulgarian Obichnik Gold Project
- » CEZ in Bulgaria Gets Permit for EUR 1.5 Million for Transmission Line Project
- » Growth of Bulgarian Exports During the First Five Months of 2019