Bulgaria is Applying for the Seat of the European Labor Authority
The government has approved the intention to nominate the Republic of Bulgaria as the seat of the European Labor Authority, the government's press service announced.
The discussions on the creation of the new structure began in March 2018 during the Bulgarian European Presidency.
The Authority will support EU Member States in cooperation, information exchange, coordinated and joint inspections, mediation, cooperation in the event of cross-border disturbances in the functioning of the labor market. The creation of the new structure will help to guarantee the rights of workers and citizens to equal treatment and equal access to employment and social protection opportunities in cross-border situations. Through its activity, the institution will provide transparency for businesses in terms of local labor standards throughout the internal market, the Council of Ministers reported.
The new structure is expected to start operations by the end of 2019.
About a year and a half ago, Bulgaria ran for the seat of the European Medicines Agency, but the candidacy failed.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » EC: Bulgaria is the Only Country that Meets the Criterion for the EU Budget Deficit
- » Bulgaria Marks Europe Day
- » The Juncker Plan Will Provide Financial Assistance of BGN 10 million For 320 Micro-Enterprises in Bulgaria
- » EP Supports Accession Talks with Albania and Northern Macedonia
- » New Report: EC Reports on Bulgaria's Progress, Considers Dropping Monitoring (REVIEW)
- » Today's EC Monitoring Report on Bulgaria is Likely to be the Latest