Bulgarian Police Arrested 30 People in an Operation Against Telephone Fraudsters
In a specialised operation in the town of Gorna Oryahovitsa on 18th of April, the authorities broke up the biggest telephone fraud scheme in Bulgaria, Bulgaria’s deputy chief prosecutor Ivan Geshev said, reports BNT.
A total of 30 people have been detained, 25 of them in Romania. The boss of the crime group is among the arrested.
The money taken from the people that have fallen victims to the telephone fraudsters amount to more than 2 million BGN.
The investigation against the group began in 2017. Later, the police and prosecutors in Romania also joined the investigation.
- » The Alleged Hacker Behind the Bulgarian NRA Attack Spoke
- » SUMMARY: Hackers have Penetrated the Bulgarian National Revenue Agency through the Tax Refund System
- » The Personal Data of Millions of Bulgarian Citizens and Companies Have Leaked from the National Revenue Agency
- » The Police Discovered more than 3,500 Counterfeit Items in Haskovo
- » Owners of EU-funded Guest Houses in Bulgaria to Return BGN 4.5 Million
- » The Mass Football Fans Fight in Bratislava (VIDEO)