Bulgarian Police Arrested 30 People in an Operation Against Telephone Fraudsters
In a specialised operation in the town of Gorna Oryahovitsa on 18th of April, the authorities broke up the biggest telephone fraud scheme in Bulgaria, Bulgaria’s deputy chief prosecutor Ivan Geshev said, reports BNT.
A total of 30 people have been detained, 25 of them in Romania. The boss of the crime group is among the arrested.
The money taken from the people that have fallen victims to the telephone fraudsters amount to more than 2 million BGN.
The investigation against the group began in 2017. Later, the police and prosecutors in Romania also joined the investigation.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Plovdiv: A 16 Year Old Boy Was Kidnapped. The Kidnappers Were Found
- » A Turkish Citizen Tried to Smuggle 2460 Tablets Viagra Through Bulgaria
- » Police Chase in Druzhba District - 4 Men Detained
- » Citizen of Northern Macedonia Crossed the Bulgarian Border Illegaly and Damaged 2 Police Cars
- » Two Bulgarians were Detained with 40kg of Heroin in Georgia
- » 1048 Pre-Trial Proceedings for Non-Compliance with Covid-19 Emergency Measures