Bag of Nearly 18 kg Cocaine Washed up on Bolata Beach in Kaliakra
The Regional Prosecutor's Office in Dobrich is overseeing pre-trial proceedings launched after on 16 April 2019 about 05:00 pm at the Bolata beach in Kaliakra, a packet of narcotics attached to a life jacket washed ashore, said the Appellate Prosecutor's Office – Varna.
A bag, containing 16 packets weighing 1.1 kg each, was spotted by a border police patrol. The Dobrich Prosecutor's Office instituted immediate investigative actions. The field test for the narcotic came out positive for cocaine.
Experts will now determine whether the bag of cocaine found near Cape Kaliakra is connected to the packets found near Tyulenovo and Sunny Day near Varna, 170 kg and 25.430 kg, respectively, of exceptionally high-quality cocaine, reads the press release.
- » Sofia Police Detain a Man who Forcibly Dragged a 15-year-old in his Car
- » Police in Boris Johnson's Home after a Scandal
- » Man Arrested for Hooliganism in the Sofia City Center
- » Border Police Officers Found 50 000 Smuggled Cigarettes
- » Special Prosecutor's Office and Police Investigating Crime Group in Northwestern Bulgaria
- » Life Imprisonment for Four Bulgarians and an Afghan in Hungary