Fincantieri, Two Others Bid in Bulgarian Patrol Ship Tender
Italy’s Fincantieri, German shipyard Luerssen and Bulgaria’s MTG Dolphin have submitted bids in a 984 million levs ($570 million) tender to build two patrol ships for the Bulgarian navy, a defence ministry spokesman said on Wednesday, reports Reuters.
The Black Sea country is looking to replace its three ageing Soviet-made patrol ships with the new vessels.
The defence ministry will outline the next phases in the tender later on Wednesday, the spokesman told Reuters.
Bulgaria raised the budget for the new ships by 20 percent last year after a previous tender, where only MTG Dolphin bid, collapsed over financial terms.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » See Which European Countries are Opening Their Borders Today
- » Turkey Declared 20 km Border near Bulgaria for a Prohibited Military Zone
- » Law Changes in Bulgaria: 3 Years of Imprisonment , Fine to 10,000 BGN for Anyone Who Violates Rules against COVID-19
- » Minister Karakachanov: The United States has Given Bulgaria $87 Million for Military Equipment
- » Expert: The NRA Data Leak Have Attracted the Attention of Hackers from around the World
- » There is No Migration Pressure Along Our Borders with Turkey and Greece