Inflation since the beginning of the year has been 1.2%, annual inflation in March 2019 YoY is 3.6%
The consumer price index for March 2019 compared to February 2019 is 100.1%, ie, monthly inflation of 0.1%. Inflation from the beginning of the year (March 2019 versus December 2018) was 1.2%, and annual inflation in March 2019 compared to March 2018 was 3.6%. The average annual inflation rate for April 2018 - March 2019 compared to April 2017 - March 2018 was 3.1%, according to the National Statistical Institute (NSI).
The prices of the following food products increased the most in March: cabbage – 22.0%, pepper – 11.7%, potatoes – 10.9%, garlic – 2.8%, root vegetables (carrots and red beets) – 2.6%, frozen fish – 2.1%, citrus and southern fruits – 1.5%, apples – 1.2%, olives – 1.9%, white beans – 1.7%, rice – 1.0%, among others.
On the other hand, the prices of the following products decreased the most: leafy greens – 14.8%, cucumbers – 8.0%, tomatoes – 7.2%, cheese – 1.4%, chocolate and chocolate products –1.8%.
In March 2019, the prices of the goods and services in the main consumer groups increased compared to the previous month in the following categories:
• Food and non-alcoholic beverages - an increase of 0.2%;
• Alcoholic beverages and tobacco - an increase of 0.2%;
• Furnishings, household equipment and routine maintenance of the house - an increase of 0.2%;
• Health - an increase of 0.1%;
• Transport - an increase of 2.3%;
• Education - an increase of 0.4%;
• Restaurants and hotels - an increase of 0.3%;
• Miscellaneous goods and service - an increase of 0.4%.
The prices of the following goods and services decreased:
• Communications - a decrease of 0.1%;
• Recreation and culture - a decrease of 3.9%;
• Clothing and footwear - a decrease of 0.6%.
Housing, water, electricity, gas and other fuels retained their price levels of the previous month.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Extraordinary Address of Bulgaria's PM Borissov: We Remain in Power! The Opposition Will Break the State!
- » Bulgarian PM: The Guards of Dogan and Peevski Must be Removed
- » Bulgaria: Tension in Rosenets Park, Protesters Are Not Allowed to Enter the Beach
- » Bulgaria Returns Some Measures Against COVID-19, No Indoor Entertainments
- » Bulgaria: Еnvironmental Protests Against Amendments to Biological Diversity Act
- » Bulgarian PM Borissov: We Keep Over 300,000 Jobs Until September 30 with the Measure 60/40