People in Gabrovo Are Protesting Against the Violence in the City
A protest against violence is taking place in Gabrovo tonight. It is provoked by the beating of a salesman by a group of roma people.
The tensions were last night when protesters tried to fight with the attackers. The actions of the police and the local authorities, which tried to calm the protestors, were supported by the Vice Premier Tomislav Donchev, who arrived this morning in Gabrovo.
In Sofia, Deputy Prime Minister Krassimir Karakachanov held an extraordinary meeting with the MoI leadership.
The attackers were brought to court. The question is: Is that enough to calm the tensions?
So far, the atmosphere in the city is relaxed, there is no escalations. But people are demanding the toughest penalties against the three men who attacked a salesman.
- » The Number of Employed People in Bulgaria Exceeds Registered Unemployed in the First 6 Months of 2019
- » Fandakova: Maya Manolova is the BSP Candidate for Mayor of the Capital
- » Change of Traffic in Sofia - See Where
- » Mayor of Sofia : I haven’t yet Made a Decision whether to Run in the Local Elections
- » Alexander Yordanov: Serbia Must First Become a Member of NATO Before the EU
- » The EC Launches the Awareness Campaign ‘YOU’RE RIGHT’