Organic Farmers Protest in Front of the Ministry of Agriculture
A protest of organic farmers in front of the Ministry of Agriculture is being held at this time. They are dissatisfied with a new regulation on organic production, which introduces very high requirements both to producers and to the companies that certify them.
The protest has been going on for over an hour, despite the heavy rain over the capital.
Protesters want the agriculture minister's resignation.
According to the changes in the Ordinance, bioproducers have to make further analyzes in the laboratory, which make their production more expensive. Some of them are not needed and not made by their European counterparts.
A few days ago, it became clear that the ministry was giving up some of the changes to the ordinance.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Kiril Petkov on his Citizenship: I Do Not Feel Any Guilt
- » General Mutafchiiski with Special Award from Jewish Community in Bulgaria
- » Bulgarian Road Constuctors Mount yet Another Protest
- » Bulgaria: Prices Will Rise More Steeply than Expected - Finance Ministry
- » Three Foreigners Arrested in Bulgaria for Trading Info from Arsenal military plant
- » Caretaker Government Required State-owned Companies to Pay Dividend