Organic Farmers Protest in Front of the Ministry of Agriculture
A protest of organic farmers in front of the Ministry of Agriculture is being held at this time. They are dissatisfied with a new regulation on organic production, which introduces very high requirements both to producers and to the companies that certify them.
The protest has been going on for over an hour, despite the heavy rain over the capital.
Protesters want the agriculture minister's resignation.
According to the changes in the Ordinance, bioproducers have to make further analyzes in the laboratory, which make their production more expensive. Some of them are not needed and not made by their European counterparts.
A few days ago, it became clear that the ministry was giving up some of the changes to the ordinance.
- » Bulgaria is Failing to Attract Funding for Science
- » The Bulgarian Ministry of Interior Reports a Drop in Casualties of Car Crashes
- » Expenses of the Bulgarian Family are Growing Faster than Income
- » Bulgarian PM Borisov Inspected Construction of Section of Hemus Motorway
- » Construction on the Expansion of the Southern Arc of the Ring Road in Sofia can Start at end of 2019.
- » City Scooters like in Vienna will be soon Roaming the Streets of Sofia