Georgian Consulate Opens in Blagoevgrad, Bulgaria
A Georgian consulate was opened in Blagoevgrad, a city in south-west Bulgaria earlier in March, reports Georgia Today.
The opening was marked by a reception attended by Bulgarian officials, diplomats, journalists, Georgian students, Georgia’s honorary consul Yuliy Nushev, employees from the Georgian consulate, and representatives from the Diaspora.
The Ambassador of Georgia to Bulgaria Tamuna Liluashvili spoke at the event. Highlighting the closeness of Georgia-Bulgaria relations, she also spoke of the significant role the honorary consulate will play in further improving relations between Georgia and Bulgaria and providing better services for Georgian citizens living in Bulgaria.
Guests at the reception enjoyed a performance of folk songs and dances by the Pirin folklore ensemble.
Aside from the new consulate in Blagoevgrad, Georgia also has an embassy in Bulgaria’s capital, Sofia.
- » G7 Discusses Russia's Return
- » Ekaterina Zaharieva Will be on a Working Visit to Romania
- » The Talks on Controversial Topics at the G7 Summit Begin
- » Palestinian Cause, Trade Take Forefront at Jordan Foreign Minister Visit in Bulgaria
- » PM Borissov: Jordan is an Important Partner For Bulgaria in the Middle East Region
- » For the First Time, a Jordanian Foreign Minister is Arriving in Bulgaria