Bulgarian President: Bulgaria and Egypt are Allies in the Fight Against Terrorism, Organized Crime, Radicalism and Illegal Migration
,,Bulgaria and Egypt are on both sides of a troubled region, and our joint efforts make this region to be stable and secure'', President Rumen Radev said in a statement after talks with Egyptian President Abdel Fattah as Cairo.
Radev pointed out that Bulgaria and Egypt are natural allies in the fight against terrorism, organized crime, radicalism and illegal migration.
He added that we welcome Egyptian efforts to expand the dialogue between the African Union and the League of Arab States and the EU.
President Radev said that Bulgaria, as one of the EU's closest states to Egypt, has a responsibility to have the problems that exist in the region, the voice of Egypt, to be heard more strongly in the EU.
Radev added that the situation in the Middle East and North Africa also depends on Europe's stability and security.
Rumen Radev had a "four-eye" meeting with his colleague, after which the two heads of state led the plenary talks between the official delegations of Bulgaria and Egypt.
- » Sofia Will Host the European Mobility Week
- » President Radev: Freedom of Speech in Bulgaria is in Crisis
- » 31st EU Contest for Young Scientists Kicks off in Bulgaria
- » Bulgarian PM Borisov: The Economy is Moving at Such Pace that we Cannot Manage with the Infrastructure
- » 59 Political Parties And 7 Coalitions Will Participate in the October Local Elections
- » PM Borissov: Bulgaria Has Not Given up on Schengen