Today is World Tuberculosis Day
This year it is under the slogan "Time for a World Without Tuberculosis!".
Throughout the week there were free examinations in many hospitals across the country.
In Varna, instead of decreasing, cases of tuberculosis patients remain at the old levels.
86 people visited this week's tuberculosis clinic to check their health status. Two of them were found to have tuberculosis.
Assoc. Prof. Dr. Hristo Ganchev - Manager of SBALPFZ-Varna: The situation has almost not changed. It does not increase but also does not reduce tuberculosis. Tuberculosis is a disease of young people.
Last year, nearly 120 people in Varna were sick, two of them died. According to experts, a healthy lifestyle is the best prevention against tuberculosis.
In most cases, tuberculosis affects the lungs and, more rarely, other organs. The disease is completely curable if it is detected in time, so preventive examinations are important, remind specialists.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Face Masks Now Mandatory at Outdoor Areas in Paris
- » Bulgaria: 11 Infected with COVID-19 in a Dialysis Center in Dobrich
- » COVID-19 in Bulgaria: 53 Newly Registered Cases in 1275 PCR Tests
- » COVID-19 in Bulgaria: 134 Newly Registered Cases, 13343 Total
- » COVID-19 in Bulgaria: 195 Newly Registered Cases in 5837 PCR Tests
- » Ophthalmologist from Bulgaria Has Been Nominated for the Most Beloved Doctor in Austria