Orangutan in a suitcase: Tourist tried to steal a primate from Bali
A Russian tourist was arrested at the Bali Island Airport after trying to steal a drugged orangutan from the country in a suitcase, a French press reported, quoted by bTV.
27-year-old Andrey Zestkov, who was carrying the 2-year-old male primate in his luggage, was detained.
Authorities also discovered two geckos and five lizards in the man’s luggage.
Officials found the 2-year-old orangutan fast asleep in a basket, evidently drugged with allergy pills, after a routine security screening.
The tourist prepared the animal, like he was transporting a baby. The man had also packed baby formula and blankets.
Now he faces up to five years in prison and $7,000 in fines, according to the outlet.
Zhestkov explained at the arrest that his orangutan was given to him by a Russian friend who had bought him for $ 3,000 from a market on the island of Java.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » What did Bulgarians Search in Google this Year
- » Research Shows that the Pfizer Vaccine can only Partially Protect against Omicron
- » Prison for Anti-Vax Parents who Stop their Children from going to School in Greece
- » Lena Borislavova from WCC: Kindergartens and Nurseries will be Free
- » Top WHO and US scientists: Omicron does not look Worse than Current Variants
- » Bulgarian University Students Celebrate the “Student Day” on December 8