Almost 12 million Passengers Have Passed Through Bulgarian Airports in 2018
2018 was a successful year for Bulgarian aviation, characterized by consolidation of market positions and addition of production capacities on the other. This was reported by the chairman of the Association of Bulgarian Airlines Svetoslav Stanulov during the annual report of the association for the state of the sector, writes Econ.bg
In 2018, a total of 11,975 million passengers have traveled through Bulgarian airports, traveling with international scheduled or charter flights. Of these, 6.627 million (or 55.34%) have passed through Sofia Airport. Passengers on domestic flights are about 300,000.
Between Burgas and Varna, a total of 5.215 million (or 43.55%) have passed.
The growth of total passengers transported by international flights to and from Bulgaria in 2018. compared to 2017 is 1,002 million passengers or 9.2%. For Sofia Airport we have an increase of 6.7% and for Varna and Burgas airports the growth is 12.6%.
132.6 thousand passengers were transported from and to Plovdiv Airport last year, compared to 87 thousand in 2017.
In 2018, there was considerable investor activity in airplane maintenance and repair facilities as well.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Negative PCR Tests Mandatory for Passengers Arriving to Spain from 65 Countries, Bulgaria Including
- » Richard Alibegov: One-Month Lockdown Will Mean End to Clubs and Restaurant Business in Bulgaria
- » Tourism Trends: Travels Fall by 23,6 Percent in the Third Trimester of 2020
- » Greece Shuts Some Land Borders, Makaza-Nimfea Checkpoint Lets through Only Trucks
- » Bulgarian Parliament Discusses 9% VAT on Food Deliveries
- » Want to Dinner at a Restaurant in France - Wait Until January 15