Bulgarian Police Shuts Down 2 illegal Cannabis Production Greenhouses
The Bulgarian authorities have shut down two illegal cannabis production greenhouses and arrested two suspects, the Interior Ministry said in a press release on Thursday.
A total of 429 pots with cannabis plants and 64.7 kg of raw cannabis were found in the first greenhouse in the town of Gabrovo, some 200 km east of Sofia, the ministry said.
The greenhouse was furnished with extremely modern equipment such as irrigation system, ventilation, filters, and temperature and humidity control devices, it said.
A 52-year-old local resident and a 21-year-old woman from Sofia were arrested on the spot.
The investigation revealed that the man has built a cannabis greenhouse in the nearby village of Draganovtsi, and there the police seized another 301 pots with cannabis, 27.2 kg of raw cannabis and the relevant production equipment, the ministry said.
- » Billion Dollar Business: Illegal Puppies Trade from Eastern Europe
- » € 2 Million Worth of Valuables Were Stolen from the Vaux-le-Vicomte Chateau in France
- » Ivan Geshev: We Busted An Arms and Drug Trafficking Group from Bulgaria to the UK
- » British Man Charged with Child Sex Abuse in Bulgaria
- » Bulgarian Special Prosecutor's Office: Charges Brought Against 4 People for Organ Trafficking
- » Seven People Killed in Terrorist Attack in Turkey