Bulgaria Winger Despodov to Miss Start of Euro Qualifiers
Winger Kiril Despodov will miss Bulgaria's first Euro 2020 qualifier in Sofia on Friday against Montengero due to muscle fatigue, the Bulgarian Football Union said on Wednesday, reports Euronews.
The 22-year-old, who joined Serie A team Cagliari from CSKA Sofia in January, has also been ruled out of Bulgaria's visit to Kosovo on Monday.
Bulgaria coach Petar Hubchev has decided not to call up another player to replace Despodov, who was voted Bulgaria's 2018 player of the year.
England and Czech Republic are the other two teams in Group A.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Bulgarian Minister of Sports Krassen Kralev : Stadiums Could Close Doors to Fans
- » 30 Years Later: Liverpool Is The New Champion of England!
- » Tennis Star Novak Djokovic Tests Positive for Covid-19
- » Coaches of Grigor Dimitrov and Novak Djokovic Tested Positive for COVID-19
- » Bulgarian Тennis Star Grigor Dimitrov Is Infected With COVID-19
- » Grigor Dimitrov is Training in His Hometown Haskovo