Foreign Tourists in Varna During the Winter - Mainly Romanians, Israelis, Germans and Turks
Revenues from overnight stays in Varna in January reached 2.1 million leva, 3.2% more than in January 2018. This is reported by the Territorial Statistical Office Northeast.
Overnight residents in the Varna area in January are 18,900. Of these, 69 per cent are Bulgarians. Among foreigners, the highest percentage of visitors from Romania - 39%, followed by those from Israel - by 11.2%, from Germany - by 7.4% and from Turkey - 4.9%.
In January, in Varna, there were 139 accommodation places with over 10 beds - hotels, motels, campsites and other places for short-term accommodation. The total occupancy of the beds there was nearly 10 percent.
- » Varna has Lost over 51% of Tourists' Interest over the Course of 10 Years According to Lonely Planet
- » BDZ Provides Over 19 000 Additional Seats in the Trains For the Holidays
- » Bulgarian Tourism Minister: BGN 8.4 Billion are the Revenues from Tourism in 2018
- » Number of Foreign Tourists in Sofia Has Increased By 82% Between 2008 and 2018
- » Bulgaria was Top Tourist Destination for Greeks in 2018
- » 10% Decline in Early Bookings For the Southern Black Sea Coast