Bulgarian Team Won the World Electronic Sports Games Championship in China
Bulgarian gaming team became the first in the World Electronic Sports Games Championship in China. The five Windigo Gaming champions return home with $ 500,000, reports Radio Free Europe.
The tournament was held last weekend in Shanghai. The Bulgarian team was not considered the favorite in the race and its performance surprised everyone.
Windigo Gaming competes in the CS: GO series of the Counter Strike series. This is a computer game with a first-person shooter that can play an unlimited number of people, divided into terrorists and counter-terrorists.
The Bulgarian team beat world-renowned teams, including last year's Fnatic champions from the UK. At the final, it took over the Poles from Ago Esports.
The Bulgarians are led by their leader Kamen "bubble" Kostadinov. 18-year-old Georgi "Shipz" Grigorov won the prize "Most Valuable Player" for the entire championship.
Shortly after the awards ceremony, Kostadinov said in an interview with the organizers of the WESG tournament that he still had difficulty believing they were champions. According to him, the team has only a few days to rest before preparing for the next race on March 30 in Germany.
- » Ukrainian Citizen is Hospitalized in Stara Zagora because of Suspected Coronavirus Infection
- » Mostly Sunny in Bulgaria Today
- » PM Borissov: Bulgaria is the Only Country that has Coped with Illegal Migration
- » 5.6 Earthquake Off the Coast of Indonesia
- » IMF: Inequality in Bulgaria Keeps Growing
- » Hundreds of Flights Canceled in UK because of the Storm "Dennis"