Bulgarian Police Goes Viral after Accidentally Pepper Spray Themselves Instead of Protesters
Police attempting to disperse protesters in the Bulgarian capital of Sofia were left with red faces and stinging eyes after inadvertently showering themselves with pepper spray over the weekend.
Footage which has since racked up thousands of retweets on Twitter shows how at least one police officer tries to aim pepper spray at a group of people staging an anti-government protest outside the Bulgarian parliament on Saturday afternoon.Unfortunately for the person responsible, they hadn't factored in the direction of the wind, which blew the spray back over the police causing them to retreat.
Many of them can be seen rinsing their eyes out with water in the moments after the incident.
the protesters had tried to block the street as they called for early parliamentary elections and respect for democracy.
Bulgarian authorities have since stated that nobody was seriously hurt during the incident.
- » Four People Died in Traffic Collisions for the Past Twenty-Four Hours
- » A Foreign Soldier Has Died in NATO Military Dry Run near Plovdiv
- » Severe Car Crash at the Central Junction of "Orlov Most" in Sofia
- » Lightning Strikes a 20-year-old in Sofia
- » Severe Car Crash near the Sea Capital of Bulgaria - Varna - Two Women Died
- » One Man Died, Four Are Injured in a Car Accident with a Police Patrol Car