WORLD CHAMPION! Petar Stoychev is the Fastest in the World in Swimming in Icy Waters!
Stoychev managed to swim 1000 meters at a water temperature below zero degrees, reported NOVA TV.
New world title and new record for Peter Stoychev!
The Bulgarian is again the best on the planet in swimming in icy waters. The start of the race was given in Murmansk, Russia, on Saturday afternoon.
Stoychev managed to swim 1000 meters at a water temperature below 0 degrees for a record 12 minutes and 10 seconds. The pool, which was cut on the icy Lake Semenovskem, welcomed 403 swimmers from 32 countries, and in the discipline of Stoychev were 41 competitors.
And the previous record for swimming in icy waters belongs to the Bulgarian, but today he managed to be 5 seconds faster than himself. After the victory, the Russian commentator of the competition called Stoychev a "legend".
- » UEFA Gives Partial Stadium Bans to Bulgaria, Romania for Fan Racism
- » Wimbledon: Novak Djokovic's Championship Win
- » Bulgarian Tennis Star Grigor Dimitrov Drops Out of TOP 50 in the World Rankings
- » Ludogorets Heads for its First Champions League Test
- » Football Club Owners Met with Bulgaria’s Prime Minister
- » Grigor Dimitrov Will Have to Pay a Fine Because He Refused to Appear at the Press Conference