WORLD CHAMPION! Petar Stoychev is the Fastest in the World in Swimming in Icy Waters!
Stoychev managed to swim 1000 meters at a water temperature below zero degrees, reported NOVA TV.
New world title and new record for Peter Stoychev!
The Bulgarian is again the best on the planet in swimming in icy waters. The start of the race was given in Murmansk, Russia, on Saturday afternoon.
Stoychev managed to swim 1000 meters at a water temperature below 0 degrees for a record 12 minutes and 10 seconds. The pool, which was cut on the icy Lake Semenovskem, welcomed 403 swimmers from 32 countries, and in the discipline of Stoychev were 41 competitors.
And the previous record for swimming in icy waters belongs to the Bulgarian, but today he managed to be 5 seconds faster than himself. After the victory, the Russian commentator of the competition called Stoychev a "legend".
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Forbes: Roger Federer is the Highest-Paid Athlete in the World
- » 116 Years of FIFA: Here Are Some Facts
- » Bulgarian Football Teams Could Train in Groups Again
- » Football Championship in Bulgaria to be Resumed on 5 June
- » Bulgaria: Swimming Pools and Tennis Courts Re-open with Restrictions
- » PM Shinzo Abe: The Tokyo Olympics Won't be Held unless the Coronavirus Pandemic is Contained