AFTER THE TERRORIST ATTACK IN NEW ZEALAND: Is There a Threat to Our National Security?
"There is a radicalization on the territory of the Balkan countries. This has been found, there are also cases of terrorist activities of returning foreign Syrian fighters. We are usually talking about radical Islam. In this case, we are talking about an anti-Muslim radical act that is just as dangerous as radical Islam. " Thus, expert Yordan Bozhilov of the Sofia Security Forum commented in connection of the New Zealand bomber with Bulgaria, NOVA TV writes.
After the attack on two mosques in New Zealand, it became clear that the terrorist Brenton Tarant was on a tour in Bulgaria. Tarant is a far-right Australian extremist. Prior to the attack on Christchurch, he announced that he wanted to avenge Muslims for a number of attacks and historical events from the past. Among the atrocities pointed out by him are the battles at Shipka in 1877 and the Battle of Bulair in 1913.
According to the expert Tihomir Stoychev we have reason to worry at the moment.
The man who fired at 2 mosques in New Zealand was brought to court today.
"We have been worried for a long time. In the heads of representatives of radical Islam the world is divided into two - the place where the Muslim world is located, and the land of war. Until now, the "land of war" did not react in any way, it was victimized. Long ago, the intelligence services spoke of the rising identities. And our services are working on these predictions'', Stoychev said. According to him, Bulgaria needs to respond very quickly to what happened in New Zealand.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Bulgarian PM Borissov and the Minister of Defense Attended the Celebration of the Plovdiv Garrison
- » See Which European Countries are Opening Their Borders Today
- » Turkey Declared 20 km Border near Bulgaria for a Prohibited Military Zone
- » Law Changes in Bulgaria: 3 Years of Imprisonment , Fine to 10,000 BGN for Anyone Who Violates Rules against COVID-19
- » Minister Karakachanov: The United States has Given Bulgaria $87 Million for Military Equipment
- » Expert: The NRA Data Leak Have Attracted the Attention of Hackers from around the World