The Man Who Killed 49 People in New Zealand Has Been in Bulgaria in 2018
The man who killed 49 people today in two mosques in Christchurch, New Zealand was in Bulgaria at the end of last year.
This was announced by the Chief Prosecutor Sotir Tsatsarov after a meeting with Prime Minister Boyko Borissov, which was attended by Deputy Prime Ministers Ekaterina Zaharieva, Krassimir Karakachanov, Interior Minister Mladen Marinov and heads of Special Services
He has traveled to many cities, including Sofia and Plovdiv. He entered our country between November 9 and 15, 2018, via Sofia airport, flying from Dubai.
According to the report on November 10 he rented a car and visited historic places in Dryanovo, Pleven, Blagoevgrad, Plovdiv, Asenovgrad, Bachkovo, Bansko. On 15 November he headed to Bucharest, where he hired a car again to Hungary. Credit cards are checked to check the full shooter's route.
Mladen Marinov, Minister of the Interior: We have no other information except that he has come for tourism.
He added that additional information from partner offices and New Zealand authorities is expected to continue the investigation of Tarant's visit to Bulgaria.
Sotir Tsatsarov, Chief Prosecutor: There is no evidence of terrorist activity and links in Bulgaria.
Our specialists are in constant contact with colleagues in the US, New Zealand, the UAE and the Balkan countries.
- » The Shared Electric Scooters Also Come to Sofia
- » The Retainers on Grafa Boulevard Took Another Victim, her Husband Threw them on the Tram Track and Got Arrested
- » Payment of Аid to Bulgarian Farmers who Culled Domestic Pigs Begins after September 1
- » SANS and Bulgarian Police Investigate Bomb Threats Against Bulgarian Media and Airports
- » The Council of Ministers Allocated Nearly BGN 21 million For Educational Benefits
- » Digital Card Guides Volunteers in 'Let's Clean Bulgaria Together' Campaign