40% of the Agricultural Workers in Bulgaria are Women
40% of the agricultural workers in Bulgaria are women and 29% of the ladies are in management positions. These data were presented by the chairman of the Federation of Trade Unions in Agriculture at CITUB Svetla Vassileva.
The Federation launched a campaign titled "Let's open our eyes to women in the agriculture of Bulgaria". Among the main problems of women in the agrarian sector remains the lower pay.
"The gender pay gap is not yet declining. In 2018, in the agricultural sector, women earned an average wage of 829 BGN and men - 938 BGN ", reported Svetla Vassileva.
She pointed out that the pay gap for both sexes is not much higher than the European level. The difference in Bulgaria, even in the lowest income groups in which the "Agriculture" falls, is about 12%.
- » Eurostat: Bulgaria Has Exported Around 10 000 Tonnes of Honey in The EU
- » Prime Minister Boyko Borissov Opened in Pazardjik a Plant For Production of Automotive Parts
- » Bulgaria Stands Ready To Manufacture Cars For Volkswagen
- » EU Funds and Infrastructure Push Bulgaria Construction
- » Municipal Authorities Issued Building Permits For Construction of 1 247 Residential Buildings For the First Quarter of 2019
- » The Total Producer Price Index in Industry in March 2019 Up with 0.7%