40% of the Agricultural Workers in Bulgaria are Women
40% of the agricultural workers in Bulgaria are women and 29% of the ladies are in management positions. These data were presented by the chairman of the Federation of Trade Unions in Agriculture at CITUB Svetla Vassileva.
The Federation launched a campaign titled "Let's open our eyes to women in the agriculture of Bulgaria". Among the main problems of women in the agrarian sector remains the lower pay.
"The gender pay gap is not yet declining. In 2018, in the agricultural sector, women earned an average wage of 829 BGN and men - 938 BGN ", reported Svetla Vassileva.
She pointed out that the pay gap for both sexes is not much higher than the European level. The difference in Bulgaria, even in the lowest income groups in which the "Agriculture" falls, is about 12%.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Bulgaria: Appetizers for Christmas - More Expensive than Imported Meat
- » The Top Two Casinos In Bulgaria
- » Bulgaria: Manufactured Goods Shot up 18% in August
- » The UKGC and GamStop – Protecting You from Non-GamStop Casinos
- » Grain Harvest in Bulgaria is at a Five-Year High, and Prices are Rising
- » Fuel Runs Out in Major British Cities, London has Temporarily Suspended Competition Laws