UN: 2018 was the most Negative for the Climate
The past 2018 was the most negative in history in terms of climate change. This was stated by UN Secretary-General Antonio Guterres, quoted by TASS.
"2018 exceeded all records on negative indicators," he said at the closure of the Nairobi Climate Forum "One Planet". He said last year was the fourth hottest year since measurements were made.
According to Guterres in 2018, all regions of the world have been the victims of climate instability - from the destructive typhoons of the Philippines and South China to the extreme droughts in Argentina and South Africa.
The UN Secretary-General urged "swift global change" so that by 2030 the pollutants emitted into the atmosphere would be reduced by 45 per cent compared to 2010 levels, and by 2050 the quantity to be reduced to zero such substances.
- » Clear Sky until Noon, some Clouds later Today in East Bulgaria, Highs Between 14-19°C
- » Cloudy Skies with Rain this Afternoon in some Regions of Bulgaria
- » Earthquake Measuring 4.9 Shakes France
- » The Astronomical Spring is Coming
- » Spring Cleaning Campaign in Sofia Begins
- » Sunshine until Noon, Rain Showers later on in some Places in South Bulgaria