UN: 2018 was the most Negative for the Climate
The past 2018 was the most negative in history in terms of climate change. This was stated by UN Secretary-General Antonio Guterres, quoted by TASS.
"2018 exceeded all records on negative indicators," he said at the closure of the Nairobi Climate Forum "One Planet". He said last year was the fourth hottest year since measurements were made.
According to Guterres in 2018, all regions of the world have been the victims of climate instability - from the destructive typhoons of the Philippines and South China to the extreme droughts in Argentina and South Africa.
The UN Secretary-General urged "swift global change" so that by 2030 the pollutants emitted into the atmosphere would be reduced by 45 per cent compared to 2010 levels, and by 2050 the quantity to be reduced to zero such substances.
- » Mostly Sunny Today in Bulgaria, in the Afternoon Rain Showers and Thunder in far Western Areas
- » Earthquake Measuring 3.2 on the Richter Scale Sensed in Dimitrovgrad and Haskovo
- » In the Afternoon Above the Eastern and Mountainous Regions of Bulgaria Could be Raindfall
- » Yellow Code for Heavy Rains and Thunder in 16 Districts in Bulgaria
- » NIMH: Code Yellow Warning For Heavy Rain with Thunder and Hail
- » Mostly Sunny Today in Bulgaria, Maximum Temperatures between 23°C and 28°C