China's Jiangxi Province Promotes Culture, Tourism in Bulgaria
China's Jiangxi province held a culture and tourism event here on Thursday in a bid to strengthen its cooperation and exchanges with Bulgaria, reports Xinhua.
At the event attended by some 100 Bulgarian officials and businessmen, Vice Governor of the province Wu Zhongqiong briefed the audience on the tourist resources of the province in southeast China.
"More than 1,000 years ago, porcelain and tea from Jingdezhen, Jiangxi province, came to Bulgaria via the Maritime Silk Road, spreading Chinese culture to Bulgaria. Today, as a developing and beautiful province, Jiangxi wishes to bring more Bulgarian friends to visit the province and other parts of China through its unique culture and beautiful landscape," Wu said.
"We sincerely hope that we can take the opportunity of building comprehensive partnership of friendship and cooperation between China and Bulgaria to strengthen exchanges and ties and achieve shared prosperity and development," Wu said.
Bulgarian Deputy Minister of Tourism Lyuben Kanchev, who was present, called it "an exciting cultural event."
For him, every meeting with Chinese partners is a great pleasure, as they always open a new friendly door and bring the two geographically distant countries closer.
During the event, held at the Chinese Embassy in Sofia, the audience enjoyed a video presentation about the province, a photo exhibition and a live performance of traditional Chinese musical instruments including erhu, pipa and bamboo flute.
- » Bulgarian Tourism Minister and the Director-General of UNESCO Discussed Bilateral Co-operation
- » Strike Canceled Over 300 Flights of the National Air Carrier 'Alitalia'
- » Bulgarian Deputy Prime Minister for Economic and Demographic Policy: Relations Between Bulgaria and Ukraine Are on a Solid Foundation
- » Bulgarian Tourism Minister: We will be Uncompromising in the Control of Beach Areas
- » BDZ Discussed the 2020 Schedule
- » Fewer Russian And German Tourists Will Spend Their Summer Vacation In Bulgaria