Road Infrastructure Agency will Invest BGN 7 Billion in Roads in North Bulgaria
Nearly BGN 7 billion will be invested in roads in northern Bulgaria in the coming years, the Head of the Road Infrastructure Agency, Georgi Terziyski, said on 14th of March in Rousse, reports BNT.
The completion of the construction of Hemus motorway, the roads between Rousse and Veliko Turnovo, and between Vidin and Botevgrad, the by-pass road of Gabrovo and the tunnel under Shipka will lead to road communications, which will accelerate the economic development of Northern Bulgaria.
Thus, the transport link between Sofia, Varna, Rousse and Vidin will be faster and safer, the head of the Road Infrastructure Agency said. So far, however, the Rousse-Veliko Turnovo motorway project is delayed due to court procedures.
It is expected that BGN 670 million would be invested in two of the sections on Rousse-Byala, where many serious accidents occurred, and in Byala bypass. Byala-Veliko Turnovo section will cost half a million BGN.
The road Rousse-Veliko Turnovo will be built at the same time as the completion of the construction of Hemus motorway.
The expectations are that the route between Yablanitsa and Boaza will be completed early and will be launched by the beginning of the autumn.
- » Bulgaria to Take Over Rotating PABSEC Presidency
- » Bulgaria is Part of the 8 Countries Where a New Supercomputer will be Installed
- » Bulgarian Trade Unions and Employers Against Reduction of VAT on Flour and Medicines
- » Bulgarian Cabinet Adopted the Annual Report of the Council for Disaster Risk Reduction
- » 28 New Electric Cars BMW and Hyundai Will be Launched in Sofia
- » Sofia Municipality is Preparing a Program For Improvement of the Air by 2026 with EU Funds