Bulgaria is Expected to Get the First Two F-16 Fighters Up to 4 Years
This will happen if the delivery contract is signed by the summer, reported NOVA TV.
By four years, Bulgaria will be able to get the first two F-16 fighters if the delivery contract is signed by the summer. This was explained by the US martial aircraft manufacturer.
The process of negotiations between Bulgaria and the United States continues after parliament has allowed a deviation from the initially set 1.8 billion for new fighters. It is still unclear what price is being negotiated. However, our country is expected to receive eight new combat aircraft in three tranches - first two, then four, and finally the last two. For them, according to the manufacturer, Bulgaria will need training of at least 16 pilots.
"Price is a matter that is specified between the government and the deferred payment is a matter of negotiation. We expect pilot training to happen between 2021 and 2022, "said Jim Robinson, manager of F-16 International Business Development at Lockheed Martin.
"The training is likely to be in the US and will take between 9 months and 1 year for a pilot. We are ready to train both experienced and new pilots, "said Dan Saville, Lockheed Martin pilot consultant on the fighter's interface.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Law Changes in Bulgaria: 3 Years of Imprisonment , Fine to 10,000 BGN for Anyone Who Violates Rules against COVID-19
- » Minister Karakachanov: The United States has Given Bulgaria $87 Million for Military Equipment
- » Expert: The NRA Data Leak Have Attracted the Attention of Hackers from around the World
- » There is No Migration Pressure Along Our Borders with Turkey and Greece
- » Opinion: Turkish Operation in Syria
- » Borisov: Nearly BGN 4 billion Will be Spent on Defense This Year