Sofia Mayor: Drivers in Sofia Will have Salaries Over BGN 1800
Sofia Mayor Yordanka Fandakova told in the morning block of the Bulgarian National Television that after the new increase in the salaries of the drivers will be announced and the average monthly gross remuneration will exceed BGN 1,800.
Yordanka Fandakova, Mayor of Sofia: It is a fact that we have a problem with the shortage of drivers and staff in public transport. This problem leads to quite serious hours of overtime, which is unacceptable because it implies more risks for passengers.
Today, the municipal council will vote for a 10% increase in drivers' salaries from April 1, which is the second since the beginning of the year.
With this increase the salary will reach BGN 1150, and drivers are entitled to up to BGN 100 bonuses for good work. Thus the average gross salary is over BGN 1800, the mayor said.
For overtime, drivers will be able to receive up to BGN 200 per month.
The money for the increase will be at the expense of the budget of Sofia Municipality.
Yordanka Fandakova, Mayor of Sofia: I hope with this step to keep the drivers and the engineers and attract new drivers.
The Mayor pointed out that negotiations with trade unions continue, which offer an annual increase in wages of 10% over the next three years.
The main goal is to make the profession attractive.
- » Valery Simeonov Was Elected Deputy Chairman of the National Assembly
- » President Rumen Radev Has Returned the Proposal to Appoint Ivan Geshev as Prosecutor General
- » President Rumen Radev with a Statement on the New Attorney General's Decree
- » Bulgaria’s Parliament Accepts the Resignations of Liliyana Pavlova and Volen Siderov
- » Protest Against the Election of Geshev as Chief Prosecutor
- » The 1st Television Interview of Ivan Geshev After His Election as Chief Public Prosecutor