Sofia Mayor: Drivers in Sofia Will have Salaries Over BGN 1800
Sofia Mayor Yordanka Fandakova told in the morning block of the Bulgarian National Television that after the new increase in the salaries of the drivers will be announced and the average monthly gross remuneration will exceed BGN 1,800.
Yordanka Fandakova, Mayor of Sofia: It is a fact that we have a problem with the shortage of drivers and staff in public transport. This problem leads to quite serious hours of overtime, which is unacceptable because it implies more risks for passengers.
Today, the municipal council will vote for a 10% increase in drivers' salaries from April 1, which is the second since the beginning of the year.
With this increase the salary will reach BGN 1150, and drivers are entitled to up to BGN 100 bonuses for good work. Thus the average gross salary is over BGN 1800, the mayor said.
For overtime, drivers will be able to receive up to BGN 200 per month.
The money for the increase will be at the expense of the budget of Sofia Municipality.
Yordanka Fandakova, Mayor of Sofia: I hope with this step to keep the drivers and the engineers and attract new drivers.
The Mayor pointed out that negotiations with trade unions continue, which offer an annual increase in wages of 10% over the next three years.
The main goal is to make the profession attractive.
- » NSSI with 11% Higher First-Quarter Social Security Contributions
- » The EC Sends Experts to Bulgaria Due to the African Swine Fever
- » Astronomical Observatory in the Borisova Garden Will be Restored
- » Company Will Invest Over BGN 25 mln in a Factory Near Devnya
- » Hackers Attacked the Websites of the Airports in Burgas and Varna
- » Rescue Teams Help Two Injured Paragliders near Dupnitsa