The Ambassador of Bulgaria to India Took Office in a Folk Costume
Bulgaria's new ambassador to India Eleonora Dimitrova took office in an unconventional way. She handed her credentials in Delhi dressed in folk costume.
This was announced by the Bulgarian Diplomatic Institute, which distributed photos on Facebook.
The press service of the Ministry of Foreign Affairs explained that with the choice of clothing, Dimitrova has made Bulgaria demonstrate its rich traditions.
"I am very happy to have created positive news for Bulgaria and I have received many warm reviews," Eleonora Dimitrova told Nova TV on the phone from Delhi.
She explained that she had decided on a costume after examining a number of options. The clothes were specially sewn for her by a Varna company. It is discreetly woven Bulgarian thread - on the sleeves and the neckline the gaitan is with the colors of the Bulgarian flag, Dimitrova said.
Our Ambassador to India indicated that she had decided in this original way to give her letters of credence because she loved Bulgarian culture and our national traditions, and the protocol allowed it.
"This is a one of the non-verbal instruments of diplomacy that we can use," Dimitrova said.
"It was a wonderful opportunity to present our traditions in an ancient country with centuries-old traditions like India," said our ambassador.
Eleonora Dimitrova was officially appointed in mid-January.
Her diplomatic career began at the time of Foreign Minister Solomon Passy. Initially, she was the head of the Foreign Ministry press office. At the time of the lawsuit against the Bulgarian medics, Libya was first appointed as a second diplomat at our embassy in Tripoli, and then became the first secretary in 2003.
Her diplomatic career then passed through Germany, the Czech Republic and Brazil where she was a consul.
- » Serbian Politician: Bulgarian Intelligence Officers Hinder Agreement with Kosovo
- » New Balkan Diplomatic Scandal Involving Bulgarian PM Borisov
- » 46 out 48 Projects Successfully Completed Within the Cooperation between Bulgaria and Macedonia
- » New over € 5 million will be Invested in the Border Region Between Bulgaria and Northern Macedonia
- » PM Borissov Expects Chinese Investments in the "Green" Economy of Bulgaria
- » PM Boyko Borissov Held a Meeting with a Delegation from China