Passengers From the Restricted "Boeing 737 Max 8" with Almost 20 Hours Stay at Sofia Airport
Boeing 737 Max 8 landed last night at Sofia Airport. He has flown along the Hurghada-Amsterdam route but it was grounded urgently because of the ban on flying with this machine model in the sky over Europe.
Later our country officially closed its airspace for this model.
Passengers who landed extraordinary in the capital after more than 20 hours of stay continued their flight to Amsterdam with another plane.
Novinite. com recalls, that the flights of Boeing 737 Max are restricted in the airspace of Bulgaria, the transport ministry said. On March 12 at 21:00 GMT, the European Aviation Safety Agency (EASA) issued a safety directive for Boeing 737 8/9 MAX.
In relation to it, the General Directorate of Civil Aviation Administration has given instructions for limiting the flights of these airplanes in the Bulgarian airspace, including the take-offs and the landing at the Bulgarian airports, with the exception of the flights for repairs. Service and safe landing of such aircraft in the event of an emergency will be guaranteed.
On Tuesday evening, Boeing 737 Max, flying from Hurghada to Amsterdam, landed seamlessly at Sofia Airport, the transport agency said.
The constraint was introduced after the Boeing 737 Max 8 crash on Sunday, killing all 157 people on board. The machine crashed minutes after taking off from the Ethiopian capital Addis Ababa. The model is used for a commercial flight from 2017. This is the second Boeing 8 incident after the Indonesian crash last October, killing 189 people.
- » Bulgaria Is the Third Most Attractive Destination for Foreigners in the Region
- » Turkish Airlines Adds Direct Flights to the Vietnamese Cities of Hanoi and Ho Chi Minh City
- » There Will Be Three New Destinations from Bulgaria in the Airlines' Winter Schedule
- » British Airways Cancels Flights on September 27 Due to Pilot Strike
- » Total Number of the Nights Spent in All Accommodation Establishments Registered in July 2019 Was 5 952.1 Thousand
- » Emergency Landing of a Finnair Plane Due to the Death of a Passenger on Board