Sofia Open Will Be in September
The participants in Sofia prove the high class of the Bulgarian tournament, reported NOVA TV.
The fifth edition of Sofia Open will start on September 28, 2020. At the wish of the tournament organizers in Bulgaria related to the opportunity for more elite world tennis players to please the Bulgarian audience, Sofia Open has moved from the 5th to the 39th week of the ATP calendar. Thus Sofia Open will be in a week with the Asian Chengdu Open and Zhuhai Championships.
In the 5th week together with the tournaments in Montpellier and Cordoba will be the race in Pune (India).
Sofia's fourth edition justifies the demand for the strongest ATP 250 series tournament for the year 2019. The February tournament in Sofia was watched by more than 45,000 live viewers and reached 280 million international TV audiences.
The participants in Sofia prove the high class of the Bulgarian tournament, making furore afterwards. Gael Monfils won the title of the ATP 500 Tournament in Rotterdam after winning the final over Stan Vavrinka and in the semi-final - over the Bulgarian champion Daniele Medvedev.
Stephanos Zitsipas won the title in Marseille before winning a dramatic three-hour battle with Monfils in the semi-finals in Dubai and reaching the final of the ATP 500 against Roger Federer.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Forbes: Roger Federer is the Highest-Paid Athlete in the World
- » 116 Years of FIFA: Here Are Some Facts
- » Bulgarian Football Teams Could Train in Groups Again
- » Football Championship in Bulgaria to be Resumed on 5 June
- » Bulgaria: Swimming Pools and Tennis Courts Re-open with Restrictions
- » PM Shinzo Abe: The Tokyo Olympics Won't be Held unless the Coronavirus Pandemic is Contained