Sofia Open Will Be in September
The participants in Sofia prove the high class of the Bulgarian tournament, reported NOVA TV.
The fifth edition of Sofia Open will start on September 28, 2020. At the wish of the tournament organizers in Bulgaria related to the opportunity for more elite world tennis players to please the Bulgarian audience, Sofia Open has moved from the 5th to the 39th week of the ATP calendar. Thus Sofia Open will be in a week with the Asian Chengdu Open and Zhuhai Championships.
In the 5th week together with the tournaments in Montpellier and Cordoba will be the race in Pune (India).
Sofia's fourth edition justifies the demand for the strongest ATP 250 series tournament for the year 2019. The February tournament in Sofia was watched by more than 45,000 live viewers and reached 280 million international TV audiences.
The participants in Sofia prove the high class of the Bulgarian tournament, making furore afterwards. Gael Monfils won the title of the ATP 500 Tournament in Rotterdam after winning the final over Stan Vavrinka and in the semi-final - over the Bulgarian champion Daniele Medvedev.
Stephanos Zitsipas won the title in Marseille before winning a dramatic three-hour battle with Monfils in the semi-finals in Dubai and reaching the final of the ATP 500 against Roger Federer.
- » Grigor Dimitrov Progressed with One Place in the World Rankings
- » Bulgaria's Golden Ensemble in Rhythmic Triumphs in the Crowd in Sofia (Video)
- » Successful Start for Grigor Dimitrov in Monte Carlo
- » Bulgarian Bilyana Dudova Became European Wrestling Champion in Bucharest
- » Grigor Dimitrov Received a "Wild Card" for the Barcelona Tournament
- » The Council of Ministers Will Create an Organizing Committee For the 2028 World Cup