The Government has Approved Applications for a European Public Prosecutor from Bulgaria
The government approved the candidatures for a European prosecutor from Bulgaria, proposed by the Commission for the Selection of Candidates for the Position, the press service of the Cabinet announced.
The three approved applications are to: Desislava Pyroneva - Prosecutor at the Sofia City Prosecutor's Office; Svetlana Shopovova-Koleva - Attorney at the Sofia City Prosecutor's Office; Teodora Georgieva - Judge at the Administrative Court - Sofia City.
By March 31, the Minister of Justice will send the applications to the Selection Committee under Art. 14 (3) of Regulation (EU) 2017/1939 establishing enhanced cooperation on the creation of a European Public Prosecutor's Office, to which all three candidates will attend a hearing.
The Committee will rank candidates according to their qualifications and experience, specifying the order of preference.
Upon receipt of the reasoned opinion of the Committee and the ranking list, the Council of the EU, acting by a simple majority, will select and appoint one of the candidates for a European Public Prosecutor from Bulgaria.
- » Bulgarian PM Will Participate in the Regular Meeting of the European Council on 21 and 22 March
- » Most EU Citizens Believe that the Union Stands for Peace and Democratic Values
- » On March 31, GERB Will Submit its List of Candidates For MEPs
- » European Investment Bank Provides BGN 70 Million Loan to Finance Small Businesses in Bulgaria
- » Eva Maydell: The EU is the Best Place For Bulgarian Business
- » Varna Loses EUR 225,000 European Funding due to Irregularities in Public Procurement