The Government has Approved Applications for a European Public Prosecutor from Bulgaria
The government approved the candidatures for a European prosecutor from Bulgaria, proposed by the Commission for the Selection of Candidates for the Position, the press service of the Cabinet announced.
The three approved applications are to: Desislava Pyroneva - Prosecutor at the Sofia City Prosecutor's Office; Svetlana Shopovova-Koleva - Attorney at the Sofia City Prosecutor's Office; Teodora Georgieva - Judge at the Administrative Court - Sofia City.
By March 31, the Minister of Justice will send the applications to the Selection Committee under Art. 14 (3) of Regulation (EU) 2017/1939 establishing enhanced cooperation on the creation of a European Public Prosecutor's Office, to which all three candidates will attend a hearing.
The Committee will rank candidates according to their qualifications and experience, specifying the order of preference.
Upon receipt of the reasoned opinion of the Committee and the ranking list, the Council of the EU, acting by a simple majority, will select and appoint one of the candidates for a European Public Prosecutor from Bulgaria.
- » Mariya Gabriel Nominated to be European Commissioner For Innovation and Youth
- » Maria Gabriel Opens the Fourth Edition of the Digital Life and Design Conference in Brussels
- » The Distribution of the Resources in the European Commission Will be Announced Today
- » European Commissioner Vytenis Andriukaitis Arrives in Bulgaria
- » Exhibition of Tarnovo Constitution to be Presented in European Parliament
- » The EU Intends to Intensify its Dialogue with the Western Balkan Countries