The Government has Approved Applications for a European Public Prosecutor from Bulgaria
The government approved the candidatures for a European prosecutor from Bulgaria, proposed by the Commission for the Selection of Candidates for the Position, the press service of the Cabinet announced.
The three approved applications are to: Desislava Pyroneva - Prosecutor at the Sofia City Prosecutor's Office; Svetlana Shopovova-Koleva - Attorney at the Sofia City Prosecutor's Office; Teodora Georgieva - Judge at the Administrative Court - Sofia City.
By March 31, the Minister of Justice will send the applications to the Selection Committee under Art. 14 (3) of Regulation (EU) 2017/1939 establishing enhanced cooperation on the creation of a European Public Prosecutor's Office, to which all three candidates will attend a hearing.
The Committee will rank candidates according to their qualifications and experience, specifying the order of preference.
Upon receipt of the reasoned opinion of the Committee and the ranking list, the Council of the EU, acting by a simple majority, will select and appoint one of the candidates for a European Public Prosecutor from Bulgaria.
- » GERB Preserve over 5% More than BSP, Democratic Bulgaria Joins the European Parliament
- » GERB Wins the European Parliament Election, 5 Parties Pass the Barrier
- » The Turnout in Bulgaria For the European elections at 13:00 is 15, 47 % or 992,856 Votes
- » High turnout of Bulgarians in Germany
- » Bulgaria Organizes 191 Polling Stations Abroad for the European Elections
- » The Election Day in Bulgaria has Began