The Safety Retainers on Grafa Street will be Removed after a few Incidents
Authorities are looking for a new options of traffic safety on the refurbished Graf Ignatiev Street in Sofia. The old stone retainers-like shark fins will be removed after several people stumbled and injured. This was announced by the mayor of Sofia Yordanka Fandakova to journalists.
"I have assigned the Chief Architect and the designers to explore the possibilities for change. Here we are talking about safety. This is the most important priority for me. We will make every effort for the good execution of the project, replace it with other options of restraint, because letting the tram move without safety equipment is also dangerous, "the mayor said.
While the new limiters are selected, the current ones remain on the street.
In a week alone, two people were injured by the stops on the metropolitan street "Graf Ignatiev", whose repair continues.
The blocks in question, known as "shark fins", were placed at the request of Traffic Police.
Reasons for complaining from citizens were both tram stops and trailing tiles, protruding cables and pipes. At the end of last year because of the problems with the repair resignation was submitted by the Deputy Mayor of Sofia Evgeni Krusev. The prosecutor's office has begun an investigation into "a public offense related to a violation of the Public Procurement Act".
- » One of Bulgaria's best Water Polo Players Died in an Accident on Mount Olympus in Greece
- » Two Men have Died in a Pig Farm in Northeastern Bulgaria
- » Bulgarian Climber Ivan Tomov Died in the Himalayas
- » Two Heavy Crashes Closed The Road To Danube Bridge 2
- » 200 Pigs Escape After Truck Crashes In The Rish Pass
- » Balloon with Tourists got Stuck in Rocks in the Bulgarian Rhodopes