The Safety Retainers on Grafa Street will be Removed after a few Incidents
Authorities are looking for a new options of traffic safety on the refurbished Graf Ignatiev Street in Sofia. The old stone retainers-like shark fins will be removed after several people stumbled and injured. This was announced by the mayor of Sofia Yordanka Fandakova to journalists.
"I have assigned the Chief Architect and the designers to explore the possibilities for change. Here we are talking about safety. This is the most important priority for me. We will make every effort for the good execution of the project, replace it with other options of restraint, because letting the tram move without safety equipment is also dangerous, "the mayor said.
While the new limiters are selected, the current ones remain on the street.
In a week alone, two people were injured by the stops on the metropolitan street "Graf Ignatiev", whose repair continues.
The blocks in question, known as "shark fins", were placed at the request of Traffic Police.
Reasons for complaining from citizens were both tram stops and trailing tiles, protruding cables and pipes. At the end of last year because of the problems with the repair resignation was submitted by the Deputy Mayor of Sofia Evgeni Krusev. The prosecutor's office has begun an investigation into "a public offense related to a violation of the Public Procurement Act".
- » A Spanish Air Force Plane Crashed into the Sea
- » Fire in Liberian School Killed 26 Children
- » Seventh Casualty of the Floods in Spain
- » Cruise Ship Overturned near Senegal, Six People Were Killed
- » An Explosion in a Russian Lab that Stores Deadly Viruses Like Smallpox, HIV and Ebola
- » Passenger Train Derails in Hong Kong during a Rush Hour, There Are Injured