The Safety Retainers on Grafa Street will be Removed after a few Incidents
Authorities are looking for a new options of traffic safety on the refurbished Graf Ignatiev Street in Sofia. The old stone retainers-like shark fins will be removed after several people stumbled and injured. This was announced by the mayor of Sofia Yordanka Fandakova to journalists.
"I have assigned the Chief Architect and the designers to explore the possibilities for change. Here we are talking about safety. This is the most important priority for me. We will make every effort for the good execution of the project, replace it with other options of restraint, because letting the tram move without safety equipment is also dangerous, "the mayor said.
While the new limiters are selected, the current ones remain on the street.
In a week alone, two people were injured by the stops on the metropolitan street "Graf Ignatiev", whose repair continues.
The blocks in question, known as "shark fins", were placed at the request of Traffic Police.
Reasons for complaining from citizens were both tram stops and trailing tiles, protruding cables and pipes. At the end of last year because of the problems with the repair resignation was submitted by the Deputy Mayor of Sofia Evgeni Krusev. The prosecutor's office has begun an investigation into "a public offense related to a violation of the Public Procurement Act".
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Flight Recorder of a Bulgarian Air Force MiG-29 Has Been Recovered from a Depth of 70 metres
- » Black Box of Crashed MiG-29 Found in Black Sea
- » Three Bulgarian Girls Drowned in Rhine River
- » Man Attacked with Knife in Sofia Public Transport for "Not Wearing Mask"
- » Massive Chain Reaction Car Accident Kills 10, Including 9 Children in US
- » Italian Guardia di Finanza Seize 6 Tonnes of Hashish on US Flagged Yacht with 3 Bulgarians on Board