JYSK Bulgaria Received the Investor of the Year Award For 2018
JYSK Bulgaria received the Investor of the Year Award 2018. The company invested over 100 million euros in a new distribution center located in Bozhurishte near Sofia. The facility has two fully automated 42.5 meter warehouses and will operate at full capacity by June 2019. The hub will serve over 250 stores in Bulgaria, Romania, Serbia, Croatia, Slovenia, Bosnia and Herzegovina and Greece, reported Econ.bg
This big investment in the country is also the reason why JYSK Bulgaria receives the prize from the Bulgarian Investment Agency.
JYSK Bulgaria continues to hire new employees for the next phase of the project. In December 2019, there is a big step forward when operations will expand from serving 75 stores in three countries to more than 250 stores in seven countries.
Over 90 companies were nominated in the 13th edition of the Investor of the Year Awards, in a total of five categories: Investor of the Year; Green investment; Investment in human capital; Investment in expanding business; Investing in innovative business.
JYSK is an international chain of stores with Scandinavian roots that offers everything for your home. The Danish chain is one of Europe's largest home furnishings and decorators. JYSK opens an average of more than two new stores each week.
The first store was opened in Denmark on 2 April 1979. Today, JYSK has more than 2700 stores and 25,000 employees in 50 countries. In Germany and Austria, shops are called Dänisches Bettenlager, and in the rest of the world - JYSK. JYSK is owned by the Danish trader Lars Larsen, which owns a number of companies with total annual turnover for the financial year 2016/2017 (JYSK financial year ending at the end of Q3 in September) of 3.35 billion euros and pre- amounting to EUR 444 million.
In Bulgaria, JYSK entered the market in 2005, opening its first site in the country in Plovdiv. To date, the chain of stores has 26 sites in 16 Bulgarian cities with a total of more than 300 employees.
- » Bulgarian Government Approves over BGN 21 Million for Children from Vulnerable Groups and for Training of Specialties
- » BDZ Will Provide Over 8,000 Additional Train Seats For The Holidays
- » Bulgaria Becomes an Owner of Properties in Budapest, Used by Its Embassy
- » Bulgarian PM Borisov: The Toll System should Start Working in the Summer
- » Germany Considers Bulgaria a Truly Important Partner For a Very Strong Pro-European Country.
- » By October 2020 'Hemus' Highway Between Varna and Targovishte Will be Ready