PM Borisov: Good Relations between Bulgaria and Azerbaijan are the Basis for a Successful Military Partnership
Prime Minister Boyko Borissov met with Colonel General Nadmadin Sadakov, First Deputy Minister of Defense and Chief of the General Staff of the Armed Forces of the Republic of Azerbaijan.
During the discussion, the prospects for deepening military co-operation, the implementation of joint exercises, as well as the strengthening of military-education partnerships, were discussed. The Chief of Staff of the Armed Forces of Azerbaijan thanked Prime Minister Borisov for the opportunity to exchange views and experience in the field of NATO-EU cooperation.
The Prime Minister informed Colonel General Sadakov that, as a NATO member country, Bulgaria is making serious efforts to develop the defense capabilities of the Bulgarian armed forces and is working actively to carry out the Alliance's collective defense tasks. Borisov voiced hope that good political and economic relations between Bulgaria and Azerbaijan will be the basis for an even more successful military partnership.
The meeting in the Council of Ministers was attended by the Chief of Defense General Andrei Bocev and Deputy Defense Minister Atanas Zapryanov.
- » PM Borissov: Jordan is an Important Partner For Bulgaria in the Middle East Region
- » For the First Time, a Jordanian Foreign Minister is Arriving in Bulgaria
- » Iran-Bulgaria Business Forum Slated for Late-August
- » For the First time in 20 Years, the Israeli PM is Visiting Ukraine
- » Bulgaria's Largest Recipient of Development Assistance Is North Macedonia
- » Controversial Former Head of the Bulgarian Anti-corruption Commission Appointed Consul in Valencia