The Largest Manufacturer of Industrial Batteries Closes its Factory in Bulgaria
US battery maker EnerSys will close its plant in Targovishte, the company said. The decision was taken by the board of directors, SeeNews reported.
At the factory in Bulgaria are produced batteries for diesel submarines. "The management has decided that the future demand for diesel submersible batteries is not enough given the existing number of competitors on the market," the official announcement says.
EnerSys plans to sell the plant and eventually equip it with another company if possible. The company expects to record one-off costs of approximately $ 32 million, of which $ 22 million for asset write-offs and $ 10 million benefits, cleaning, and more. The EnerSys division in Kardzhali recorded a net profit of 2.35 million in 2017 from a net loss of 1.13 million in 2016. Revenues for the two years total 21 million leva. The company acquired the power plant in 2007. But in 2014, the company cut 420 people out of a total of 560, according to media reports, stopping the production of traction and stationary batteries.
- » Amazon Closes its Online Shopping Platform in China
- » Business in the Euro Area with the Lowest Growth Since 2014
- » The Increase in Electricity Will be Within the Inflation Rate of 3.6%,
- » 10% Decline in Early Bookings For the Southern Black Sea Coast
- » Prime Minister Boyko Borisov Met with Iran's Minister of Transport and Urban Development Mohammad Eslami
- » Power Distributors in Bulgaria Seek Significant Increase in Electricity Prices