The F-16 Block 70 Fighters Will Be Presented in Plovdiv
The F-16 Block 70 fighters will be presented in Plovdiv.
This is the latest and most advanced version of NATO's single-fighter jet.
In January, the National Assembly gave a mandate to the government to start negotiations with the US to buy new F-16 Block 70.
The US company offers Bulgaria 8 fighters for just over $ 1.8 billion, but it is unclear how much more. The BSP has calculated that the amount will reach BGN 2.5 billion. In addition, they disagree with the fact that the aircraft will not be delivered within 24 months of signing the contract.
The advantages of the F-16 compared to the other Gripen and Eurofighter platforms proposed are in the US proposal for a comprehensive package and declaring willingness to reduce the cost of the package.
- » Bulgarian PM: The Presence of Russian Ships During our Black Sea Military Drills is Normal
- » NATO Continues Maritime Exercise in Bulgaria
- » PM Borissov: The F-16 Fighting Falcons Should Be Paid Immediately
- » Parliament’s Defence Committee Approved Contracts with the US for F-16 Aircrafts
- » NATO: The United States has About 150 Nuclear Bombs in Europe
- » U.S. Joins 11 NATO Allies for Breeze 2019 Maritime Exercise in Bulgaria