Industrial Production in Bulgaria up 3.2% in January
In January 2019, the industrial production index rose 3.2% month-on-month and 2.8% compared with the first month of 2018, the National Statistical Institute (NSI) said. On annual basis, the mining and quarrying industry registered a 16.4% growth, followed by a 2.9% rise in manufacturing, while power, gas, steam and air conditioning supply shrank by 1.1%.
In January 2019, turnover in retail trade, except motor vehicles and motorcycles, grew 0.4% month-on-month and 3.2% year-on-year. On annual basis, the rise reflects growth in retail sale of audio and video equipment, hardware, paints and glass, electrical household appliances (by 19%), retail sale via mail, phone order or internet (by 13.7%) and in nonspecialised stores (by 10.6%).
In the same month the index of construction rose 1.5% compared to December 2018 and was 0.9% higher than a year earlier.
- » Bulgaria is Considering the Creation of Separate Gas Trade
- » Industrial Production in April Decreased by 1.9%
- » Bulgarian Tranport Minister: We Are Looking For EC Funding For Electric Transport During the New Programming Period
- » China is the World's Leading Watchmaker
- » Bulgaria Has Negotiated a New 140 million Cubic Meters of Gas Other Than Russian Supplies
- » Bulgartransgaz Changed the Consortium, Which Will Build "Turkish Stream" Through Bulgaria