Industrial Production in Bulgaria up 3.2% in January
In January 2019, the industrial production index rose 3.2% month-on-month and 2.8% compared with the first month of 2018, the National Statistical Institute (NSI) said. On annual basis, the mining and quarrying industry registered a 16.4% growth, followed by a 2.9% rise in manufacturing, while power, gas, steam and air conditioning supply shrank by 1.1%.
In January 2019, turnover in retail trade, except motor vehicles and motorcycles, grew 0.4% month-on-month and 3.2% year-on-year. On annual basis, the rise reflects growth in retail sale of audio and video equipment, hardware, paints and glass, electrical household appliances (by 19%), retail sale via mail, phone order or internet (by 13.7%) and in nonspecialised stores (by 10.6%).
In the same month the index of construction rose 1.5% compared to December 2018 and was 0.9% higher than a year earlier.
- » Finance Minister Vladislav Goranov: Bulgaria Did Everything it Could and Beyond To Attract Volkswagen
- » China Oil Corporation Announces New Oil and Gas Reserves
- » January - July 2019 - the Exports of Goods From Bulgaria to Third Countries Increased by 3.0%
- » Industrial Production Index Rose by 0.8% as Compared to June 2019
- » Turkey Begins Avocado Exports to Bulgaria
- » A Gas Pipeline Contract From Turkey Through Bulgaria to Serbia is Expected to be Signed on September 5