Industrial Production in Bulgaria up 3.2% in January
In January 2019, the industrial production index rose 3.2% month-on-month and 2.8% compared with the first month of 2018, the National Statistical Institute (NSI) said. On annual basis, the mining and quarrying industry registered a 16.4% growth, followed by a 2.9% rise in manufacturing, while power, gas, steam and air conditioning supply shrank by 1.1%.
In January 2019, turnover in retail trade, except motor vehicles and motorcycles, grew 0.4% month-on-month and 3.2% year-on-year. On annual basis, the rise reflects growth in retail sale of audio and video equipment, hardware, paints and glass, electrical household appliances (by 19%), retail sale via mail, phone order or internet (by 13.7%) and in nonspecialised stores (by 10.6%).
In the same month the index of construction rose 1.5% compared to December 2018 and was 0.9% higher than a year earlier.
- » Bulgarian Tobacco Growers Received over BGN 80 Million
- » Rosatom is Ready to Take Part in Any Form to Resume the Belene NPP
- » North Stream 2 Filed a Third Request For a Building Permit From Denmark
- » Bulgarian Bio Farmers Want the Resignation of the Agriculture Minister
- » Bulgarian Tobacco Growers Will Receive BGN 81 mln For the 2018 Harvest
- » Bulgartransgaz Receives Nearly BGN 55 mln Under the Connecting Europe Facility For Modernization and Expansion of the Bulgarian Gas Transmission Network