Maria Gabriel: 75% of Young People Do Not Recognize Fake News
''Europe is taking small steps to fight fake news, but the road is very long.'' How to recognize fake news commented Maria Gabriel, European Commissioner for Digital Economy and Digital Society, in the morning block of the Bulgarian National Television.
Maria Gabriel said that every month the results of the fight of social networks with fake news are reported.
Maria Gabriel, European Commissioner for Digital Economy and Digital Society: This time, this month, Google has given us more details. More than 46,000 fake ad accounts have been removed from the search engine. I expect even more efforts by March, especially when the European elections are approaching. I expect better results with regard to the training of journalists in terms of electoral advertising and counterfeit accounts.
Maria Gabriel said that 75% of young people aged 15-24 do not recognize fake news.
On the occasion of the early warning system for disinformation attacks, Maria Gabriel commented that a platform is expected to be presented by the end of March to respond to Member States, is there a threat to the integrity of the election process.
The EU commissioner said that at the Belgrade Digital Summit, which will take place on April 4 and 5, six countries are due to sign a new regional agreement, which is related to cheaper roaming in the Balkans.
- » There Are 23 billion Smart Devices in the World, Their Number is Expected to Triple by 2025
- » Around 1.3 million Pensioners in Bulgaria Will Receive Additional BGN 40 to Their Easter Pensions
- » Major Repairs Started in the 'Orlandovtsi' Quarter of Sofia
- » Bulgarian PM Borisov Urgently Convened the Security Council due to the Attacks in New Zealand and Netherlands
- » Record Copyright Revenues Collected in Bulgaria
- » Montana Received Nearly BGN 11 Million to Stimulate Households for More Ecological Heating