Find Out Which Bulgaran Municipality Will be with a Completely Free Urban Transport
Residents of Stamboliyski will be able to travel on buses without money, both in the city and in the neighboring villages, reported NOVA TV.
Stambolyiski became the first Bulgarian municipality in Bulgaria with a completely free transport for the citizens. From today, except in the city, residents will be able to travel on buses without money and to the neighboring six villages.
The costs are entirely from the local government, which invests in the purchase of new buses and has won an EU award in the category "Innovation in politics''.
The two new buses, which will travel for free started to work on the two main lines. One is urban and the other serves the six villages of the municipality.
So far, Stamboliyski's public transport has been serviced by a private company, but it has been expensive for the municipality. So the mayor decided to buy two buses and paid BGN 210,000. According to the mayor, the project is economically profitable. He believes that the investment will be repaid within a short time - up to two years.
- » Bulgarian Parliament Adopted Changes to the Black Sea Coast Planning Act
- » Over 184,000 E-vignettes Have Been Sold to Romanian Cars so Far
- » Border Police Warns of Increased Traffic on the Border with Greece
- » Sofia Municipality Puts Sensors Against Theft and Fire in Clothing Containers
- » The Parties Will Return the Overpaid Subsidies
- » Rumen Radev: I Hope the Political Parties Will Find a Balance For the Subsidies