Ambassador Emma Hopkins: We Want an Agreement with the European Union
,,We are in a decisive period, we hardly have time to see how we will deal with the EU negotiations. We look forward to the crucial vote in parliament, our MPs will have the last opportunity to do the best for the UK.'' This is what Emma Hopkins, Ambassador of Great Britain to Bulgaria, commented in the morning block of the Bulgarian National Television.
,,If there is no positive vote on Theresа May's deal, we will have to ask for a delay, that is a crucial time for us. The United Kingdom will not be in an indefinite situation. We want an agreement this week we want to negotiate seriously in Brussels. The EU knows how to reach a compromise at the last moment, I think it is possible'', Hopkins commented.
In her words, the agreement is a positive step. However, there are details about problem with the border with Ireland, that we can not sort. Britain consists of 4 separate parts, and there are complex details that need to be clarified.
''There is no real boundary between Northern Ireland and the Republic of Ireland. The majority of people want from the heart a peaceful, integrated position in the relations between the UK and the Republic of Ireland'', said Emma Hopkins.
- » Bulgarian Foreign Minister: Our Support for Serbia's European Path Will Continue
- » Bulgarian Exports to Vietnam in 2018 Amounted to $ 33.0 million in 2018
- » Deputy Prime Minister Nikolova: There is Potential For Investment Cooperation Between Bulgaria and Kuwait
- » 6 Iran-Bulgaria Cooperation Deals Signed
- » The Speaker of the Bulgarian National Assembly Spoke with the Iranian Minister of Road and Urban Development
- » Iran and Bulgaria are Negotiating for Direct Flights Sofia - Tehran