Ambassador Emma Hopkins: We Want an Agreement with the European Union
,,We are in a decisive period, we hardly have time to see how we will deal with the EU negotiations. We look forward to the crucial vote in parliament, our MPs will have the last opportunity to do the best for the UK.'' This is what Emma Hopkins, Ambassador of Great Britain to Bulgaria, commented in the morning block of the Bulgarian National Television.
,,If there is no positive vote on Theresа May's deal, we will have to ask for a delay, that is a crucial time for us. The United Kingdom will not be in an indefinite situation. We want an agreement this week we want to negotiate seriously in Brussels. The EU knows how to reach a compromise at the last moment, I think it is possible'', Hopkins commented.
In her words, the agreement is a positive step. However, there are details about problem with the border with Ireland, that we can not sort. Britain consists of 4 separate parts, and there are complex details that need to be clarified.
''There is no real boundary between Northern Ireland and the Republic of Ireland. The majority of people want from the heart a peaceful, integrated position in the relations between the UK and the Republic of Ireland'', said Emma Hopkins.
- » A Bulgarian Parliamentary Delegation is Visiting Moscow
- » Mongolia-Bulgaria Intergovernmental Commission Meeting Kicks off
- » Rumen Radev Will Participate in the 41st Session of the UN Human Rights Council
- » The Bulgarian Ambassador to the Vatican Handed his Credentials to Pope Francis
- » Herro Mustafa is the New Ambassador of the United States to Bulgaria
- » Bulgarian PM Borisov Talked with the UN Secretary-General