The Strain of Measles in Bulgaria Has Been Imported From Italy or Germany
Cases of measles in Bulgaria are increasing. They are already 92. The districts Blagoevgrad, Burgas, Plovdiv, Sofia and Sofia-city are affected.
A study in a German laboratory has shown that the strain circulating in our country is imported from Italy or Germany. This was announced by Prof. Todor Kantardzhiev, Director of the National Center for Contagious and Parasitic Diseases, to the Bulgarian National Television.
In a German laboratory samples of 21 measles cases from Razlog and Sofia were sent. The results confirmed the doubts of the health authorities that the strain circulating in Bulgaria is different from the one imported in 2017 from Ukraine.
From the National Center for Infectious and Parasitic Diseases reported that for the moment there are no complications of the measles infected patients in Bulgaria.
- » The Health Risk of Plastic in Drinking Water is Low
- » New Case of African Swine Fever Registered in Bulgarian Game Reserve
- » Air Pollution Can Cause Mental Health Problems
- » Overweight People Endure Heat Better
- » Man Dies of Legionnaires' Disease after Bulgarian Holiday
- » New Outbreak of African Swine Fever in Velingrad Municipality