The Strain of Measles in Bulgaria Has Been Imported From Italy or Germany
Cases of measles in Bulgaria are increasing. They are already 92. The districts Blagoevgrad, Burgas, Plovdiv, Sofia and Sofia-city are affected.
A study in a German laboratory has shown that the strain circulating in our country is imported from Italy or Germany. This was announced by Prof. Todor Kantardzhiev, Director of the National Center for Contagious and Parasitic Diseases, to the Bulgarian National Television.
In a German laboratory samples of 21 measles cases from Razlog and Sofia were sent. The results confirmed the doubts of the health authorities that the strain circulating in Bulgaria is different from the one imported in 2017 from Ukraine.
From the National Center for Infectious and Parasitic Diseases reported that for the moment there are no complications of the measles infected patients in Bulgaria.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » COVID-19 in Bulgaria: 643 New Cases in the Last 24 hours
- » Professor Hristova: The Peak of the Summer Wave of COVID-19 in Bulgaria is expected in August
- » COVID-19 in Bulgaria: 866 New Cases in the Last 24 hours
- » COVID-19 in Bulgaria: 942 New Cases in the Last 24 hours
- » The Incidence of COVID-19 Worldwide increased in June for the First Time in half a year
- » COVID-19 in Bulgaria: 183 New Cases in the Last 24 hours