Bulgarian Transport Minister: After 2025, We Will Travel By Train From Sofia to Skopje For an Hour
At that moment, the first meeting of the Intergovernmental Commission for Economic and Trade Cooperation between Bulgaria and Northern Macedonia begins in Skopje. Among the topics discussed are transport and energy connectivity and economic relations.
The focus of the meeting of the intergovernmental commission for economic and trade cooperation between Bulgaria and northern Macedonia is the construction of the railway line between Sofia and Skopje and the reduction of roaming for the consumers of the mobile users on both sides of the border.
2025-2027 is the last deadline for the completion of the Sofia-Skopje railway line, said Bulgarian Transport Minister Rosen Zhelyazkov, who is co-chair of the commission, before the start of the meeting.
The total cost of construction is over 530 million euros. The aim is to complete the railway line Skopje - the Bulgarian border by 2027. When Skopje and Sofia are connected, this railway line will be part of the trans-European corridor number 8, which should link Bulgaria, Macedonia and Albania.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Burgas Airport with a 70% increase in Passengers compared to 2021
- » Tourism in Bulgaria: In July, Stays in Hotels Grew by more than a Quarter, Revenues - by 50%
- » Lifeguard Died after Saving Drowning Women in Sunny Beach
- » Bansko Is The World's Most Popular Ski Resort, New Study Finds
- » Bulgaria: Hotels in the South expect Enough Occupancy in September
- » After a 3-year Break: The "Orient Express" Visited Bulgaria