Bulgarian Transport Minister: After 2025, We Will Travel By Train From Sofia to Skopje For an Hour
At that moment, the first meeting of the Intergovernmental Commission for Economic and Trade Cooperation between Bulgaria and Northern Macedonia begins in Skopje. Among the topics discussed are transport and energy connectivity and economic relations.
The focus of the meeting of the intergovernmental commission for economic and trade cooperation between Bulgaria and northern Macedonia is the construction of the railway line between Sofia and Skopje and the reduction of roaming for the consumers of the mobile users on both sides of the border.
2025-2027 is the last deadline for the completion of the Sofia-Skopje railway line, said Bulgarian Transport Minister Rosen Zhelyazkov, who is co-chair of the commission, before the start of the meeting.
The total cost of construction is over 530 million euros. The aim is to complete the railway line Skopje - the Bulgarian border by 2027. When Skopje and Sofia are connected, this railway line will be part of the trans-European corridor number 8, which should link Bulgaria, Macedonia and Albania.
- » BDZ Provides Nearly 8,000 Extra Seats For the Holiday Weekend
- » Wizz Air is the Best Low Cost Airline of the Year According to the European Aviation Awards
- » On Independence Day: BDZ Launches Retro Train
- » Bulgaria Is the Third Most Attractive Destination for Foreigners in the Region
- » Turkish Airlines Adds Direct Flights to the Vietnamese Cities of Hanoi and Ho Chi Minh City
- » There Will Be Three New Destinations from Bulgaria in the Airlines' Winter Schedule