Bulgarian Transport Minister: After 2025, We Will Travel By Train From Sofia to Skopje For an Hour
At that moment, the first meeting of the Intergovernmental Commission for Economic and Trade Cooperation between Bulgaria and Northern Macedonia begins in Skopje. Among the topics discussed are transport and energy connectivity and economic relations.
The focus of the meeting of the intergovernmental commission for economic and trade cooperation between Bulgaria and northern Macedonia is the construction of the railway line between Sofia and Skopje and the reduction of roaming for the consumers of the mobile users on both sides of the border.
2025-2027 is the last deadline for the completion of the Sofia-Skopje railway line, said Bulgarian Transport Minister Rosen Zhelyazkov, who is co-chair of the commission, before the start of the meeting.
The total cost of construction is over 530 million euros. The aim is to complete the railway line Skopje - the Bulgarian border by 2027. When Skopje and Sofia are connected, this railway line will be part of the trans-European corridor number 8, which should link Bulgaria, Macedonia and Albania.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Winter Tourism: Bulgaria Expects a Serious Growth of Tourists in Ski Resorts
- » From October 14, Bulgaria Air Resumes Flights to and from Israel
- » Vaccine Jab Availble at Sofia Airport as of Monday
- » Bulgarian Hoteliers Reluctant to Ask for 'Green Passport' from their Guests
- » Restaurants and Hotels in Bulgaria Will Not Close, Despite Covid Crisis
- » US Lifts Travel Ban for Vaccinated Arrivals Starting November